Under the direct supervision of the Medical Director and in collaboration with the CEO; provides comprehensive primary medical care services for individuals and families on a continuing basis regardless of age, race, or sex.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Examines patients for symptoms.
- Elicits and records information about patient’s medical history.
- Orders or executes various diagnostic tests, analyses, and diagnostic images to provide information on patient’s condition.
- Administers or prescribes treatments and medications.
- Promotes health and advises patients of diet, hygiene, and methods for prevention of disease.
- Provides prenatal care to pregnant women and provides postnatal care to mothers and infants.
- Performs surgical office procedures.
- Refers patients to medical specialists for consultant services when necessary for patient’s well being.
- Additional clinical or administrative duties as assigned by the Medical Director or Executive Director to promote the success and welfare of the organization.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful, and conscientious attitude in dealing with co-workers, patients, and their families, ensuring professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
Potential supervision of mid-level providers (P.A.s, N.P.s)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
M.D. or D.O. degree
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents. Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints. Ability to write speeches and articles using original or innovative techniques or style. Ability to make effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current State of Michigan Physician License, current DEA License, and a current Controlled Substance License.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Nterprise: Level 1
DENTIX: No Clearance
A4: Level 2