Under the direct supervision of the Clerical Supervisor and in collaboration with the Clinic Administrator, the Dental Administrative Specialist provides secretarial, clerical, and administrative support by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Collect necessary data from patient’s clinical chart to complete prior authorizations for dental procedures that warrant a prior.
- Work with patients and doctors for approvals and denials for prior authorizations.
- Track all dentures in progress in Excel spreadsheet.
- Schedule necessary denture adjustments, relines, and repairs with the appropriate provider.
- Track dental laboratory invoices to match with monthly statements for authorization of payment with Dental Director.
- Verifies patient insurances through websites or contacting commercial insurances for fax back information.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful, and conscientious attitude in dealing with co-workers, patients, and their families, ensuring professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- All other duties assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before patients or employees of organization. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and smell.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of radiation. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
MISYS: No Clearance
DENTRIX: Level 4
A4: No Clearance