Under the direct supervision of the Clerical Supervisor, answer telephones, make patient appointments, and enter daily patient activity into the computer management system. Perform a variety of routine clerical duties such as completing forms, performing department typing as needed, and distributing mail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Answers questions regarding appointments, billing, takes payment, and has required information ready for clinician in the regards to the patient.
- Answers departmental telephones and refer calls to appropriate personnel, answers basic dental questions, and makes appointments for emergency patients.
- Assist patients in completing standardized department forms such as the basic health history, registration, and insurance forms.
- Maintains departmental files according to established filing systems; sorts and classifies correspondence and documents.
- Checks out patients and assures proper payment; reschedules patients for follow-up visits or next appointment.
- Receives, sorts, and routes incoming postal and interdepartmental mail.
- Makes reminder calls to patients the day before their scheduled appointments.
- Maintains a courteous, helpful, and conscientious attitude in dealing with co-workers, patients, and their families, ensuring professionalism and confidentiality at all times.
- All other duties as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); Dentrix experience preferred; one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percents, and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
NTIERPRISE: No Clearance
DENTIX: Level 1
A4: No Clearance